For every hard-fought victory for LGBTQ rights, there are those who will stop at nothing to turn back progress. Discrimination against LGBTQ people is still legal in too many states. Hate crimes and bullying are still everyday occurrences. Health care access can be limited. Sex education to keep our young people safe is still considered taboo in too many of our schools.
From organizations you have likely heard about, to those you maybe discovering for the first time, there are many working to improve LGBTQ rigths. Pleases explore each group and help achieve the next important victory for human rights.
- Audre Lorde Project
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- LAMBDA Legal
- National Center for Lesbian Rights
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- The Trevor Project
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- National LGBTQ Task Force
- OutRight Action International
- Southerners on New Ground
- True Colors Fund